Business Simulation Player Overview
Oak Tree Simulations provides a family of business simulators that helps students get first-hand experience running their own simulated business in a safe environment.
- Decide your company mission, goals, policies, and strategies.
- Develop skills in planning how to successfully implement your mission.
- Make decisions in the areas of:
- Marketing: Make decisions on pricing, quality, and promotion to generate the demand you desire.
- Operations: Ensure you have sufficient products to meet the demand your marketing efforts have created.
- Finance: Using short-term and long-term loans to ensure you can pay for the costs of operating your business.
- Have the opportunity to ask "what-if" questions by entering a sales estimate and seeing what the results of your decisions would be given this level of sales.
- See the results of your decisions and have an opportunity to correct mistakes in the following quarters of operation.
There are two versions of our simulations: Team and Solo. You will be running your own business AND completing in teams against other students in your class.
To play our simulations you first will need to register. Before you can register for one of our simulations, you need:
- Game Name. This is the name that your instructor gave for the simulation game you will be playing. Typically, this will be the name of the course you will be taking, such as Mgmt 300.
- A Validation Code provided by your instructor. The Validation Code will assign you to the proper game for your course and instructor on the servers database.
- Proof of purchase. You can pay to access the simulation in one of two ways:
- Use a credit card to pay online as part of the registration process.
- A valid Passkey number from your instructor. This will happen only if your institution includes the registration fee for simulation in its tuition fees. You will need to do this prior to beginning the registration process. Passkeys are valid for only one registration, so make sure that the number has not been used previously. Once you have registered, you can login and play the game as often as you like by using the username and password you established during the registration process.
Need help getting started?
- Resource Center to get started quickly.